Sunday, May 15, 2016

reflection

This semester has been a challenge from the gate. Today's reflection is really more about growth.

Over the course of the last few weeks, we have been learning about teaching Social Studies and method involved in the study. We have been using the 5 E's of teaching to employ in the lessons to create lessons that incredible content. 

As I sit here, I feel overwhelmed but at the same time, thankful. I'm not the most reflective person so any kind of reflection is huge for me. I see personal growth in my craft which is something I certainly need in the classroom. 

This semester, for the first time, we video taped our lessons. I'm not a big fan of self pictures or video and often shy away from the camera. In preparation for the edTPA, being shy will have to take a back burner. So for the first time, I began viewing the videos from our lessons in my Social Studies class and Science. I'm still formulating my own opinion but I can see how I perform in the classroom. It's almost surreal to see myself teaching. -  thanks for listening blog. - MW

No comments:

Post a Comment