Sunday, May 15, 2016

Today was our fieldwork experience.

Here's my take:  I think I talk too much... Period I said it. That and maybe perhaps I could of been more energetic. I thought I was energetic but after hearing my peers talk about the lesson, perhaps they are right. I need more pep in my step. I accept my faults... for now. .... Because the only place to go is up. Falling off the horse IS an  option and the human response is to get up, dust off the knees and get right back on the horse.

What I learned is I tend to go off on tangents and deviate to some degree. My focus has to remain on the lesson at hand which is something I need to master. For example, todays lesson was taught in three parts, Direct Instruction, Inquiry and Cooperative. For Direct Instruction, the task is relatively simple, keep the instruction direct. My tendencies pull me away from teaching directly and deviate onto other topics in the curriculum.

For me, the subject area is exciting. Social Studies and History has been a subject that I have always embraced. Embracing a subject area seems dangerous. 

So note to self. Stick with the intended lesson. The students will stay on task and eventually have the same excitement that I do on the subject area (hopefully). 
-- MW


No comments:

Post a Comment