Sunday, May 15, 2016

So  today we had a chance to participate in  mock Interviews. My co-teacher and crime partner, Colleen  and myself were the administrators for the day.
For the day, or least 3 hours, I had my doctorate from Harvard. Exciting as it sounds, the task to interview teacher candidates is not easy by any means. Dr. Smirnova gave us some interviewing tips to help lead the charge. For my interview candidates, I posed as an educator, administrator from a behavioral background. 
The task was simple, at least on paper. Our job was to interview our candidates for teacher positions and determine the best candidate. Sounds simple but not quite. The teacher candidates all performed very well in their responses and answers. Colleen and I were both very impressed with the caliber of answers and knowledge from the group. Questions were constructed by Colleen and myself in the area of education. Some questions were based on place and setting while others were questions of behavior and knowledge of theories in education. 

All in all the candidates did very well. We sorted out the candidates and decided to hire all the teachers for our schools. The experience was a first for me considering I'm usually the interviewee. But this experience also gives me a greater respect for the profession and how we want to fulfill our positions in the classroom. Making such decisions is not nearly as easy as it seems and all teachers are not created equal. Well done to all my fellow teacher candidates. 
- MW



No comments:

Post a Comment